Friday, November 24, 2017
Sunday, July 9, 2017
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Step 1 - In a large pot on medium heat, add a tablespoon of the oil and brown the beef Set aside. Reduce the heat to low and saute the carrot, celery and garlic until soft but and fragrant, about 5-8 minutes.
Step 2 - Turn the heat up to medium again and add the beef back into the pot. Add the red wine and red wine vinegar and cook it for 5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add the sultanas, bay leaves, cinnamon, nutmeg and beef stock and cook in low to medium heat with the lid on for 1.5 hours.
Step 3 - When 1.5 hours is up, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Add one tablespoon of the stew liquid to the chocolate and then stir and then add another 3-4 tablespoons until the chocolate has incorporated the liquid well without seizing. Add the chocolate to the stew liquid and simmer for another 30 minutes and season with the salt and pepper to taste. Scatter pine nuts on top and chopped parsley. Serve with potatoes.
Friday, May 19, 2017
Into your large salad bowl, place: chopped baby spinach, chopped mint leaves, diced cucumber and diced tinned peaches (can be fresh if they are in season). Add croutons and a handful of pomegranate seeds. In a pan, cook bacon pieces and diced haloumi until they are cooked. Add to the top of the salad, then drizzle with moscato glaze (or any other sweet dressing). Serve immediately, and enjoy the contrast of sweet and salty, crunchy and smooth.
Take 1kg sweet potatos, 500g potatoes and a few carrots. Chop, peel and add to saucepan with 1L chicken stock. Add to this spices to taste. These could include: tumeric, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, saffron and ras al hanout. I use generous quantities of each, so they can all be tasted. Add also a large pinch of salt, and, if you like, a squirt of lemon juice and a few drops of rose water. Cook this in the saucepan until it has all boiled and the vegetables are soft. Once it is cool, blend it all together. Taste and add more spices to your preferences. Serve with sour cream, flaked almonds and fresh chopped coriander.
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Recipe (modified from bestrecipes.com.au)
- 400 g Tim Tams
- 80 g butter melted
- 375 g cream cheese cubed softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 3 tsp gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 200 g white chocolate cooled melted
- STEP 1 Place 250 g of the Tim Tams in a blender and process into fine crumbs.
- STEP 2 Add the butter and process to combine. Press the mixture into spring-form baking pan and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- STEP 3 Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, then beat in the cream.
- STEP 4 Mix the gelatine with the boiling water. Stir in the gelatine mixture, dissolved in 1/4 cup of boing water and white chocolate.
- STEP 5 Chop the remaining biscuits and stir into the cream cheese mixture then pour over the Tim Tam base.
- STEP 6 Cover and refrigerate until set.
(if you don't want it to be so sweet, use less caster sugar and white chocolate)