Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe serves 4-6
low fat, gluten free, clean eating friendly, vegan
1 medium eggplant (~250g), washed, peeled if desired and cut into chunks*
3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks(~300g)
1 small leek, cut into chunks
2-3 large potatoes (~450g), washed, peeled if desired and cut into chunks
~5 cloves of garlic**
1 cup mushrooms, washed and quartered (~100g)
2 medium zucchini (~250g)
1 medium sweet potato (~150g)
2-3 tsp garlic salt (to taste)
3-4 cups water
Optional but recommended: Fresh basil and parsley, finely chopped
To serve: Fresh herbs and a dollop of greek yogurt/cream if desired
- Preheat your oven to 200C/395F
- Place your veggies on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake until they just start to soften and brown up (about 20-40 minutes) and then remove from the oven. If they're browning too fast, turn the heat down slightly and cover your veggies with foil.
- Place your veggies into a large saucepan with 3-4 cups of water (just enough to cover everything).
- Bring your soup mixture to the boil and add in your garlic salt, pepper and additional herbs if desired.
- Once your soup has come to the boil, turn it down to a simmer and allow to cook until your veggies are soft.
- Once your veggies are soft, transfer your soup into a blender and blend until smooth. If needed, return your soup back to the pot to thicken and reduce to your desired thickness.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with some fresh herbs and a dollop of plain greek yogurt/cream if desired.
- The soup will keep in the fridge for up to a week or can be frozen in individual portions to eat later